Saturday, September 27, 2014

Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls

My step-daughter Ava absolutely LOVES strawberries.  If I put a carton in front of her, she'd eat the whole thing in under 2 minutes.  

Actually, under my watch, all the kids eat really well.  Since being around my step-children, I have gotten them to eat zucchini, Brussels sprouts, pomegranates, various nuts and cheeses.  I love to incorporate all kinds of things in many of my meals, and I am also guilty of hiding tons of veggies in some of my recipes, like in my ABC Sloppy Joes.  I really try to plan my meals so that everyone gets a little bit of something.  Veggies, grains, protein.  

I love cinnamon and sugar anything.  I have a shaky jar that i pre-mix the combo in and I put it on top of toast, waffles, apples.....I just love it.  The kids do too!!  Well, of course they do!

Now that school is back in session, and fall sports have arrived, its hard to get 4 kids out the door and well fed before school, soccer. etc.  I am really a stickler about the kids having a decent breakfast that includes at least one serving of fruit.  But there isn't always time.  

So I've taken a yummy classic and put a fruity spin on it.  Enjoy!!

Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls

Ingredients:

2 puff pastry sheets
1 stick melted butter
sugar
cinnamon
fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  

Melt stick of butter in microwave in a bowl.  

Lay out the puff pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface.  

Using a pastry brush, brush melted butter all over the surface of each pasty sheet.  

Sprinkle liberally with sugar and cinnamon.  (I use a good amount).

Place sliced strawberries evenly all over the cinnamon mixture.  Remember, you don't want the slices TOO thick, or it will be hard to roll later.  

Once you have placed your strawberries, start at one end and roll vertically until you have one log for each puff pastry.  

Take a cupcake tin and use the rest of the melted butter to brush inside each cupcake hole.  

Using the depth of the cupcake tin as a guide, slice your strawberry cinnamon rolls into slices and place each roll inside a cupcake hole.  Remember to place them so that the cinnamon swirl is facing up.  

Bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes, or until the edges of the puff pasty get a beautiful golden color.  
Remove the rolls from the tin as soon as you take them out of the oven, and then pour any residual juices over the buns.  

Allow to cool a few minutes and enjoy!!  

A powdered sugar glaze would be heavenly on these, just saying!!  I omitted it, because I don't like the kids to have TOO much sugar before school.  ;-)

To book me, hire me or purchase any of my meal deals or baked goods, you can contact me below.  And as always, get your asses in the kitchen!!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment