Tangy Chived Potatoes

I don’t like anything white and creamy.  (Get your minds out of the gutters.)

That includes mayonnaise (the devil’s jizz), cottage cheese, plain yogurt and of course, sour cream.

However, if disguised properly I WILL actually eat sour cream.  I really enjoy the tangy flavor it gives to savory dishes and the moist level it brings to desserts.  But for the love of God, don’t let me see it.  I will gag and it’s just a total overreaction that people stare at me for.

My kid loves mashed potatoes.  I gotta be honest, I get sick of regular mashed potatoes.  I wanted to do something different and to bump up the flavor. 

I was not disappointed and neither will you be.  These mashed potatoes are level AWESOME.  You might even replace your regular mashed potatoes from now on.  Trust me, I’m fat.  

Tangy Chived Potatoes

Serves:  4-6
Prep Time:  5 minutes
Cook Time:  20 minutes


Ingredients

3 pounds red potatoes (I kept skin on)
1 TBSP of salt – for boiling potatoes
1/3 cup sour cream 
½ cup or 1 stick salted butter
1/4 - 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
2 TBSP chives, plus more for garnish


Method

Chop potatoes into one and a half inch chunks.  Add the potatoes and 1 tablespoon of salt to a pot and cover potatoes with cold water until it reaches about two inches above the potatoes.  Cover and bring to a boil over medium high heat.  Once potatoes have come to a boil, reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until fork tender.

Drain potatoes.  Add sour cream, butter, chives, salt and pepper.

With a hand mixer or stand mixer beat on low until well combined.  Start to stream in the heavy cream until you reach your desired consistency.  For more firm potatoes, only add 1/4 cup.  For more creamy potatoes go ahead and add a half a cup.


Enjoy!  As always, get your asses in the kitchen!!

Krissi Biasiello is a native of South Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  Cooking since she was a little girl with her large Italian family, she decided to leave her paralegal job and shoot for the stars on FOX’s cooking competition show, MasterChef.  She beat out 43,000 homecooks across America and came in 4th place.  Under the scrutiny of Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot and Joe Bastianich, Krissi has made her mark in the culinary world.  She now shares her recipes with all of you!  Her rustic, homestyle take on everything will win you over and will definitely “get your asses in the kitchen”.
To contact Krissi for appearances, in-home demonstrations, catering and more, you can find her below. 

Rotund Chef - Facebook
Rotund Chef - Pinterest 

Comments

Popular Posts